Thursday 10 March 2011

Woodland Creepy Crawlies take 3

A lot of progress since my last blog post.

I was inspired by this picture i took from Ikea to design a children's bedroom design based around the woodland creepy crawlies theme. 


In my original proposal i said i wanted to design a children's bedroom curtain. But from this image i was really inspired and i decided that i wanted to design a subtle netting curtain that shines through the light to go with the curtains. 

But thereafter i also wanted to develop more designs from the images so i decided to take another week out to design a swatch sample based around the bedroom. I will be concluding this with embellished and hand stitched samples to work together for the final design collection. Really exciting stuff. 



So this was my final design which repeats straight forward sided by side and below.
This is my screen all ready to be printed.

I have started printing my netting curtain first using a process called devore to burn out the design lines within the fabric so the light can shine through once my design has printed onto the fabric. 

Pictures of strike off and design process:




I then had to pin my special fabric down, and as the fabric used for devore is special it has to have a backing fabric underneath it and then the devore fabric on top needs to be pinned on top of this...







once my design has printed onto fabric it is then put under a big heat press to burn out the devore from the fabric. The devore is burnt to a crisp colour



and after this it is taken to wash out the crisp brown colour and then the fabric will be seen as clearer print design 

(to be continued of final result.)


No comments:

Post a Comment