Wednesday 8 September 2010

First Blog :)

Hello, my name's Aliysa and i study Textiles Surface Design at Staffordshire University.



        



I finished second year at uni in May, the images are of  my final result. There are two projects shown.

One was to design several cushion covers inspired with a fun theme park twist to it. This involved the colours and movement of a theme park. Each design is individually hand-stitched into. Two final Covers are shown on the left of image.

Also attached on the image was a Live Brief for Company Graham & Brown, to design a wallpaper for any room and a complimentary wall art to go with it. My design was for a kitchen. I chose to use Kitchen Utensils to create my design and was inspired by using bright kitchen colours that are used in kitchens today. Along with this the brief was also to design a complimentary wall. I was inspired with the "make do and mend" idea with hand stitch, sewing machine theme.


Add me to your blog followings to read more on my projects :)

No comments:

Post a Comment